Important note: Subdivisions and development projects are complex, costly and involve co-ordinating multiple professionals.

We recommend that you use an experienced professional, such as a town planner or engineer, to help you undertake your project. Paying them will usually save you more time and money than doing it yourself. 


on infrastructure charges on infill development in designated areas

Development incentives

Reference library

Visit our comprehensive library for all the technical requirements and standards you and your consultants will need when building and developing 

Go to library


All developments also need approval from your local council. 

Check their website for more details:

Moreton Bay Regional Council

Sunshine Coast Regional Council

Noosa Council

Can't find what you're looking for?

Building and renovating a property

Building and renovating

If you can't find what you are looking for here, try our building and renovating pages. 
Male staff member holding documents in Unitywater Control Room

Request some assistance

Use the online enquiry form on our 'Contact us' page to get assistance with building and renovating.