Voting terms and conditions
1. The Northern SEQ Distributor-Retailer (ABN 89 791 717 472) trading as Unitywater of Ground Floor, 33 King Street Caboolture in the State of Queensland (‘Unitywater’) is conducting this voting service (‘Voting Service’). Telephone 1300 086 489. Please send mail to PO Box 953, Caboolture QLD 4510.
2. For the purpose of these Terms and Conditions:
a. ‘Candidates’ mean the final design concepts for the Bribie Island Water Tower Artworks project selected by Unitywater.
b. ‘Voting Area’ means the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area.
c. ‘Voting Service Winner’ means the design concepts intended to be used by Unitywater as the basis for a mural to be installed at the Bongaree Water Tower and Woorim Water Tower.
3. The Candidate that receives the most votes from eligible voters is the Voting Service Winner.
4. The murals installed at the Woorim Water Tower and Bongaree Water Tower may not be the same as the design concepts.
5. Unitywater reserves its right not to use the winning design concept for the purpose of a mural to be installed at Woorim Water Tower and Bongaree Water Tower.
6. This Voting Service is not a competition and there is no prize for voters.
7. This Voting Service is open to people who are residents of the Voting Area or who are Unitywater account holders of any premises located in the Voting Area.
8. To participate in this Voting Service, voters can go to the Unitywater website www.unitywater.com/bribie, answer the eligibility questions and if eligible, may vote for their preferred Candidate.
9. Voters must ensure they take all care when voting in this Voting Service. It is each voter’s responsibility to ensure they provide the correct information and vote correctly to register a valid vote in this Voting Service.
10. Voters may only vote once in this Voting Service. Voters are no longer eligible to
enter once they have voted in this Voting Service.
11. People ineligible to vote include directors or employees of Unitywater and their family members. Family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
12. Voting starts at 9am AEST on Wednesday 14 February 2018 and ends at 9am AEST on Wednesday 21 February 2018 (‘Voting Period’).
13. The time of the vote is the time it is recorded in Unitywater’s voting system not the time it was made by the voter.
14. Votes validly received by Unitywater during the Voting Period that have been entered by eligible voters will be counted towards the total votes for each Candidate.
15. Any votes received outside the Voting Period will not count towards the total votes for each Candidate.
16. Unitywater does not charge any fees for voting in this Voting Service.
17. Voters are solely responsible for all costs associated with voting in this Voting Service.
18. Unitywater is not liable for costs incurred, information received or any other consequences of user error.
19. Voters agree that any information related to votes and voters including number of votes for each Candidate is confidential and Unitywater is under no obligation to make this type of information public or disclose it to any person or class of persons at its sole discretion.
Voting Service is conducted in a robust and rigorous manner.
22. Unitywater agrees to keep IP addresses secure and will not disclose this information to any third party unless for the purpose of this Voting Service, as requested by the State, or as otherwise required by law.
23. Information on how to vote in this Voting Service forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
24. If for any reason this Voting Service is not capable of running as planned, including due to computer virus, tampering, unauthorised access, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Unitywater which affect the security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Voting Service, then Unitywater may suspend or end this Voting Service at its sole discretion.
25. Unitywater reserves its right to change or substitute this Voting Service at its sole discretion.
26. Unitywater reserves the right to disqualify voters at its sole discretion.
27. Unitywater is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of votes or associated information occurring in relation to the conduct of this Voting Service.
28. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Unitywater (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, illness or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) suffered by any voter, Candidate or Voting Service Winner; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Voting Service, including, but not limited to the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Unitywater’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Voting Service; or (d) any vote that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of Unitywater.
29. Failure by Unitywater to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
30. Unitywater’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this Voting Service.
31. Unitywater may assign or novate its rights and responsibilities under this agreement to any third party at its sole discretion.
32. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Queensland.
33. For any enquiries or complaints in relation to this Voting Service please contact Unitywater at the contact information provided in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions.