1. The Northern SEQ Distributor-Retailer (ABN 89 791 717 472) trading as Unitywater of Ground Floor, 33 King Street Caboolture in the State of Queensland (‘Promoter’) is conducting this competition (‘Competition’). Telephone 1300 086 489. Please send mail to PO Box 953, Caboolture QLD 4510.
2. The Competition starts at 12:01am AEST on Monday, 15 January 2018 and entries close at 11:59pm AEST on Sunday, 15 July 2018 (‘Competition Period’). The Competition ends at 1:00pm AEST on Monday, 16 July 2018.
3. Each Prize per draw, including redraw, is for all Unitywater water and sewerage services invoices (including State Bulk Water charges) for the winning Unitywater account to be paid for the duration of the account or for a period of 12 months whichever is less, capped to a maximum value of $1500.00 AUD.
4. The value of each Prize will be credited to each winning Unitywater account for the duration of the account or for 12 months after winning the Prize, whichever is less.
5. Three Prizes will be drawn in the Prize draw in the following order:
a. One Prize is to be awarded to an account registered to a residential address in the Moreton Bay Regional Council local government area;
b. One Prize is to be awarded to an account registered to a residential address in the Sunshine Coast Regional Council local government area; and
c. One Prize is to be awarded to an account registered to a residential address in the Noosa Shire Council local government area.
6. The total Prize pool has a maximum value of $4500.00 AUD.
7. Other than as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, a Prize or part of a Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
8. Entrants agree that each Prize is delivered on notification of winning the Prize but that each Prize will be credited to the Prize winner’s Unitywater account for up to a 12- month period.
Entry and eligibility
9. Information on how to enter this Competition and Prize information forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Entering this Competition, including entering automatically, is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
11. Entry to the Competition is free. Entrants will be responsible for all costs associated with entering the Competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet or telephoning the Promoter which will cost no more than 50 cents plus GST and will not go to the Promoter. Entrants using a mobile phone to enter the Competition may be charged at a different rate and those entrants should contact their provider for further information.
12. To enter the Competition, one account owner must opt in to receive e-billing for the account through (1) one of the following methods:
a) Online: by visiting www.unitywater.com/WIN logging into their account and selecting ‘My Details’ to change the account to e-billing during the Competition Period; or
b) Online: by visiting www.myaccount.unitywater.com and selecting e-billing upon registration or logging into their account and selecting ‘My Details’ to change the account to e-billing during the Competition Period; or
c) Online: by following a link from an advertisement or Unitywater communication and completing a form to ‘opt in’ to e-billing; or
d) Telephone: by calling 1300 086 489 to change the entrant’s account to e-billing during the Competition Period.
13. Accounts registered for e-billing prior to the Competition Period will be entered into the Competition automatically. Entrants of automatically entered accounts may remove their account from the Competition by contacting the Promoter using the contact details in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions.
14. Entry to the Competition is limited to individuals who a) are Unitywater customers, b) have a Unitywater water and/or sewerage service account, c) are Australian residents and d) are over 18 years of age.
15. Each of the account owners of an entered account are deemed to be co-entrants to an entry to the Competition and the Terms and Conditions apply to each of them.
16. Each Unitywater account is entered once into a Prize draw to win a Prize if the following criteria is met at the date and time of that draw:
a) The account owner(s) have opted to receive invoices electronically only for that account before or during the Competition Period.
b) The account is classed as ‘residential’ by the Promoter for the purpose of the Promoter’s pricing scheme.
c) The account is not owned, managed or controlled by a body corporate created under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 for a community titles scheme.
d) No owner, part owner, or ultimate owner of the account is a director or employee of the Promoter or their family member. Family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
e) The account has not won a Prize in a Unitywater e-billing Competition previously.
f) The account does not have an outstanding arrears balance, which is under current water restriction, collection agent or legal action activity. Entrants may call the Promoter to confirm if they are unsure of the account status.
g) Each account may only be entered in the Competition once. The first valid entry is the only entry deemed to be valid.
17. Individuals can contact the Promoter on the contact details in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions to check their eligibility to enter this Competition.
18. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late entries.
19. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, residence and age) and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid that is incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, where an entrant withdraws consent in relation to any part of these Terms and Conditions, has tampered with the entry process, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct which jeopardises the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time to invalidate any entries which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to account ownership, identity, residency and age and/or entries that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts.
21. Multiple entries are permitted by entrants, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per eligible Unitywater account; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
22. Incomplete entries or entries relating to accounts that opt out of e-billing before the relevant Prize draw date, or redraw date, will be deemed invalid.
23. All valid entries will be entered into each Competition draw that occurs after the time of the entry.
24. Entries to the Prize Draw close at 11:59pm AEST on Sunday, 15 July 2018. The Prize Draw will take place between 9am and 1pm AEST on Monday, 16 July 2018.
25. The three Prize winners of the Competition will be determined by one (1) draw to take place at the Promoter’s office located at 6-10 Maud Street, Maroochydore in the State of Queensland.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to draw up to five (5) additional reserve entries and record them in order (Reserve Prize Winners) on a list.
27. In the event a Prize winner is ineligible or disqualified the next Reserve Prize Winner on the list will receive the Prize or where the list has been exhausted, the Promoter may seek to redraw the Prize subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
28. Entrants agree that all lists of Reserve Prize Winners are confidential.
29. Prize winners need not be present at the draw.
30. Prize winners including redrawn Prize winners will be notified by telephone and by post using the details held by the Promoter within two (2) days of the relevant Draw.
31. Partial names of Prize winners (first initial and last name), including redrawn Prize winners, and partial residential address details (suburb and State) will be published on the Promoter’s website: www.unitywater.com within 30 days of each draw and for a minimum of 28 days after each draw. The same information will be published in a newspaper circulating generally throughout South Australia within 30 days of each draw. Partial names and addresses will not be published where Prize winners request otherwise.
32. If the Promoter is not able to contact at least one account owner within three (3) months of winning a Prize then the Prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will redraw the Prize between 9am and 1pm AEST on the first Monday after the three (3) month period has expired, at the Promoter’s office located at 6-10 Maud Street, Maroochydore in the State of Queensland, and subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
33. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a Prize, are the responsibility of the winner. Unitywater will not charge costs for winners to accept or use a Prize.
34. The Prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion acting reasonably.
35. Each Prize winner accepts the Prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a Prize is the responsibility of the Prize winner. Prize winners should seek independent financial advice.
36. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Prize winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity.
39. Entrants agree to provide the Promoter with a testimonial if requested in the event they are a Prize winner and agree any testimonial provided is to be used by the Promoter at its sole discretion. 40. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice and using a testimonial or quote provided by the entrant in the event they are a Prize winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any goods or services of the Promoter including e-billing services. 41. The Competition entrants agree that the Promoter owns all entries and all intellectual property rights in relation to photographs, films, and recordings described in clause 40 of these Terms and Conditions.
General42. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
43. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this Competition.
44. The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or a part of a prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
45. If this Competition is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to anything beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, or interfered with in any way, including but not limited to, war, civil unrest, strike, riot, crime, power failure, natural disaster, weather event, computer virus, tampering or technical failure or unauthorised intervention, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to written approval from any relevant regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Competition, or invalidate or disqualify any eligible entrants as appropriate.
46. The Promoter may assign or novate its rights and responsibilities under this agreement to any third party at its sole discretion.
47. The Promoter bears no liability or responsibility for any issues or faults of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials related to this Competition.
48. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, illness or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) suffered by any entrant, account owner or Prize winner; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of administering this Competition; (d) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (e) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a Prize winner or entrant; or (g) use of a Prize.
49. This agreement is governed by the laws of Australia.