The ‘My Usage’ page in My Account features a handy online tool to compare your current daily water usage with your water usage from previous bills. It provides you with a personalised water usage graph that gives you an instant view of how much water is being used at your property daily. This will also help you control your bills.
It’s easy to use – just follow these simple steps:
1. Take a reading of your water meter, usually found at the front of your property inside an in-ground meter box or just above the ground.
2. Write down the date and the numbers shown on the water meter – kilolitres (black numbers) only
3. Login to My Account and go to the ‘My Usage’ page, then enter the following details:
• Date of the metering reading
• Meter reading number - kilolitres (black numbers) only
• Number of people living at your property – this will enable you to compare your daily water usage with the regional average for other households of the same size.
• Click on the ‘Update tracker’ button - this will automatically update your personalised ‘Usage Tracker’ graph displayed on screen.
The dark blue line
shows the regional average daily water usage (in litres) for residential households of the same size (number of people) as your property, so you can compare your water usage with similar households.
The orange line
shows your average daily water usage (in litres) for your last four quarterly bills, then plots your current daily water usage for the meter reading you have just entered.
• If the orange line is above
the dark blue line, you are using more
than the regional average for households of the same size (number of people).
• If the orange line is below
the dark blue line, you are using less
than the regional average.