Unitywater's Customer Charter summarises your rights and obligations as a Unitywater residential customer, and our service standards and commitments to you.
Our commitment to quality, safety and reliability
Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week (under normal operating conditions), Unitywater delivers high quality, safe and reliable water and sewerage services that are economically and environmentally sustainable to the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa regions.
Unitywater is a statutory authority that services the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Noosa local authority areas on behalf of its citizens. Unitywater is governed by an independent board. Councils do not have control or direction over day-to-day operations.
We value our customers, our community and the environment and commit to:
- providing you with water that complies with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines issued by the National Health and Medical Research Council
- supplying water at the required pressure (between 210kPa and 800 kPa at the boundary) and flow rate (23 litres/minute) to meet your household needs in areas defined by Unitywater. (Please note: This supply pressure is available at the Unitywater meter, located at the customer’s property boundary. This pressure may occasionally be affected by fire fighting events or flushing/flow test activities. Water appliances installed after the meter may reduce the water pressure to the customer. Some individual customers or small areas of reticulation may experience pressure outside these limits and may require their own pressure booster equipment within the property boundary.)
- undertaking water network system loss initiatives to reduce water leakage which may necessitate lowering water pressures in some supply zones. This will only be undertaken following customer consultation and with consideration to the standard pressure requirements
- protecting your health and the environment by operating and maintaining the infrastructure for the effective collection, transport and treatment of sewage
- connecting your property to our water and sewerage network within 15 working days of receiving your application and payment, where the relevant service is available.
Unitywater has certification to ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management, ISO 45001 OH&S Systems and ISO 22000 Food Safety Management.
Unitywater values its customers and aims to always respond in a respectful, efficient and timely manner. We commit to being:
- Available - We are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, for faults and emergencies.
- Contactable - Our Call Centre and Customer Service Counters can assist with your general enquiries during office hours, and you can also submit questions at any time through our website.
- Identifiable - Our Customer Service team members will provide you with their first name and supply a reference number for customer requests. Our uniformed field staff will produce photo ID on request.
- Responsive - We will answer 80% of calls to our Customer Service Call Centre within 30 seconds and acknowledge written enquiries within 10 days.