Do you need a Trade Waste Permit?
All businesses that generate trade waste need a permit from Unitywater. Find out more about your trade waste responsibilities to see if you need a Trade Waste Permit.
Why do we manage trade waste?
It’s important to manage the discharge of trade waste to protect:
- the safety of those working in and around our sewerage system
- sewerage infrastructure from damage
- treatment processes from adverse impacts
- the environment and waterways that receive treated wastewater
- downstream recycling of water and reuse of biosolids.
To recover the cost of managing the additional load that trade waste imposes on the sewerage system, trade waste charges apply.