Gaining approvals to connect your development to our water and sewerage network can be a complex and involved process, involving multiple professionals.

We’ve made the process more manageable by training and accrediting a large pool of Registered Certifiers who can assist you with each stage of the approval process.

They assess connection applications and prepare Certification Packages for Unitywater’s consideration. We assess these Certification Packages and issue a Decision Notice.

Our Accreditation Register lists an extensive range of Registered Certifiers to choose from, or you can find out more about Using a certifier here.

Why do I need a connection approval?

  Development Portal  

   Launching Monday 15 July   

Get ready

Reference library

Visit our comprehensive library for all the technical requirements and standards you and your consultants will need when building and developing 

Go to library


All developments also need approval from your local council. 

Check their website for more details:

City of Moreton Bay

Sunshine Coast Regional Council

Noosa Council

Can't find what you're looking for?

Building and renovating a property

Building and renovating

If you can't find what you are looking for here, try our building and renovating pages. 
Male staff member holding documents in Unitywater Control Room

Request some assistance

Use the online enquiry form on our 'Contact us' page to get assistance with building and renovating.