Thank you for following us on our social media channels.
Unitywater’s social media accounts cover topics relating to our business activities and water or sewerage incidents or emergencies, including:
- Water outages
- General information and news about what’s happening at Unitywater
- Information from other organisations that relates to our customers
- Unitywater promotions.
We update and monitor our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday. During an incident or emergency situation we may provide additional updates outside of these hours.
There may be times when our social media accounts are unavailable. In these circumstances please visit our website or phone us on 1300 086 489 (24 hours a day) for the information you require.
Appropriate content and use
We have some general rules and ask that you please do not:
- post material that is unrelated to incidents and emergencies relevant to Unitywater.
- post comments that are abusive, aggressive, inflammatory, repetitive, offensive or inappropriate.
- publish messages or posts that encourage or suggest illegal activity.
- publish messages that infringe copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- promote or share commercial or other solicitations, advertisements or endorsements.
- publish or share comments not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts.
- post or share unintelligible or irrelevant messages.
- publish messages that breach an individual's privacy.
- we consider communications to be from minors.
- we suspect communications contain viruses or similar harmful programs.
- they use images in profile pictures or user backgrounds that are, in our opinion, inappropriate or offensive.
We reserve the right to remove or hide any posts for any reason.
Followers are assumed to be familiar with the Facebook terms of service, Twitter terms of service and LinkedIn user agreement.
If you follow our accounts on Facebook, Twitter or Linkedin, we may in turn follow you. Being followed by Unitywater does not imply our endorsement.
Replies and direct messages
We welcome feedback and comments from all of our followers and aim to join the conversation where possible. However, we reserve the right to refrain from replying and may be unable to respond to each post we receive.
We monitor all private messages, comments, replies and posts on our Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as comments on our LinkedIn posts. Where messages relate to a specific customer issue, we may direct these to our customer service team for action.
We ask followers to be respectful to each other and to Unitywater, and that you interact with us only about business operations, issues, incidents and emergencies relevant to Unitywater and our services. We reserve the right to remove any content that is deemed irrelevant to our business operations or services.
Third party links
Any link from a post on our accounts to third parties and third party products, services or information does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Unitywater of those parties or products. Unitywater does not assume any responsibility or liability for third party information or for the operation or function of any service or facility offered by third parties and encourages our followers to make their own independent assessment as to whether a third party product is suitable for their needs.
Unitywater respects personal information as required under privacy legislation. We do not collect or use personal information of any kind from followers of our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
To maintain your privacy and the privacy of others, we recommend you do not include things such as telephone numbers, email addresses or other personal identifiers in posts. If you have a question or issue regarding privacy and would like to speak to someone at Unitywater, please contact us through our customer service channels.
Unitywater staff using Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
The posts of Unitywater’s staff acting in their personal capacity on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin do not represent the official views of Unitywater. Such posts and their content should be considered as having been created by private citizens without the knowledge or endorsement of Unitywater.
All content or materials made available on Unitywater’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts is for informational purposes only. While Unitywater takes all reasonable steps to ensure that content or materials it provides is accurate, it does not and is unable to check the accuracy of content or materials provided or made available (including through links) by followers or other third parties.
- makes no statement, representation, or warranty about the accuracy or completeness of any content or materials posted to, or provided by Unitywater or its followers on, Unitywater’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- to the fullest extent permissible by law, disclaims all liability (including in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages and costs incurred by followers and other visitors to Unitywater’s Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts as a result of content or materials being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason.
Journalists with media enquiries can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Newsroom