Unitywater’s contractor will use directional drilling to install the new sewer main 15 - 20 metres under a section of the Maroochy Sports Complex. Unitywater will work with Sunshine Coast Council, local businesses, residents and sporting and community groups to minimise delays and bring the new service online as soon as possible.
Work will commence in late-March 2021 and be completed around mid-August 2021.
A seven-day construction schedule will reduce impacts to neighbours and local businesses and fast-track the delivery of the project. Works will generally be carried out between 6am and 6pm.
The safety of our people, customers and community is our priority and Unitywater will ensure the community is well informed about changes to local conditions.
During construction, neighbours and the community can expect:
- changed traffic conditions along Fishermans Road, Bradman Avenue and the Maroochy Sports Complex service road under an approved traffic management plan
- drilling rig located on the corner of Fishermans Road and Bradman Avenue for between 4-6 weeks
- work sites to be installed in the south-eastern side of the Maroochy Sports Complex
- construction vehicle movements on local roads
- noise from heavy machinery at times and reversing beepers on construction vehicles during work hours
- dust generating activities, including the removal and replacement of excavated soil.
Where possible, Unitywater is minimising disruption by:
- maintaining property and commercial business access at all times
- keeping pedestrian and cyclist access, with traffic control in place to assist
- keeping the community informed of changes so local residents can travel through the area with care
- ensuring no works are undertaken on or near residential properties or local roads
- maintaining work hours between 6am-6pm each day.
We apologise for the inconvenience during these critical works.