We understand that the passing of a family member and finalising their estate can be difficult and stressful.

Please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 086 489 who will be able to assist you. 

If you need to contact Unitywater from overseas, you can also call us on +61 7 5431 8333

However, you may not feel like speaking to someone straight away, so we have listed answers to some commonly asked questions below: 

1. How do I change the customer details due to death of a property owner?

Unitywater issues a bill using the names legally held on the title deed of the property.

Names on the bill can only be changed after we receive official notification of the copy of Transfer of Title from the Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM). This can sometimes take up to 8 weeks.

However, if you would like the bill to be addressed 'the Estate of' then please:

  • send a written request through to Unitywater along with a certified copy of the death certificate. 

2. How do I get authorised on a deceased estate?

The Executor of the Will or if there is no will, the person who is administering the estate, needs to provide a written request to Unitywater alongside the following documentation:

  • if there is a Will, certified copies of the Will and/or Death Certificate

  • certified copy of ID such as driver’s licence, passport or proof of age card and

  • a written authorisation from the Executor of the Will or the person who is administering the estate, to Unitywater, authorising Unitywater to discuss information on the account relating to the property with the nominated authorised person.

3. I have an overdue bill for a deceased estate - what should I do?

Please refer to the Executor of the Will or solicitor who is dealing with the financials of the estate.