Are you eligible?
If you can answer yes to all of the following questions, you can apply for a Concealed Leak Allowance:
- Are you the owner or authorised person on the account?
- Can you confirm the leak was concealed? Policy definition: Water escaping on the customer’s side of the water meter, which is hidden from view, be it underground or within concrete, or underneath a building, and where an owner or occupant could not reasonably be expected to know of its existence, as determined by Unitywater.
- Have you had it repaired by a licensed plumber?
- Has the leak been repaired within the past 12 months?
- Do you have the plumber’s invoice (or Statutory Declaration (PDF 108KB) if not repaired by a licensed plumber) detailing the repairs?
- Is this the first and only time you have applied for a Concealed Leak Allowance for excess water usage on this property?
- Confirm you are eligible.
- Submit the completed Concealed Leak Allowance Request Form.
- We’ll send you an acknowledgement letter or email confirming we’ve received your request.
- The Metering Team will review your application and advise you of the outcome in writing. To enable us to review your application efficiently please ensure you have provided your meter read and date on the application form.
Please note: If you’ve received an allowance for excess water usage on the same property in the past, you will not be eligible to receive it again.
Please complete and submit the form below, along with the plumber's invoice or a Statutory Declaration (PDF 108KB) detailing the repair of the leak:
Concealed Leak Allowance Request Form (PDF 111KB)